Are you a little bit country and your friends a little bit rock and roll? Do you get nostalgic for the business-in-the-front, party-in-the-back versatility of the mullet? Are you looking California but feeling Minnesota?
Morning Squeeze knows that it can be difficult to settle on just one thing for breakfast or lunch. That’s why its new menu debuting this week showcases healthier, local dishes but doesn’t sacrifice on the groovy brunch classics we all love.
“The whole idea of brunch is about not settling for just breakfast or just lunch,” said Todd Belfer, owner of Morning Squeeze. “We know our guests want to indulge but still want to enjoy something that’s healthy and good for them. Dishes like our Porridge, Stuffed French and Avocado Toast give our guests that choice, no matter what their mood.”
New items on the menu include:
- Porridge topped with granola, mixed berries and agave. Served hot. ($9)
- Overnight Oats in coconut milk topped with mixed berries agave and poppy seeds. Served cold. ($10)
- Chicken & Waffles with fried chicken atop a Belgian waffle and smothered in sausage gravy. ($14)
- Stuffed French Toast with flavors that change seasonally. The first is a cheesecake stuffed toast drizzled with caramel sauce. ($12)
- Green Chile Pork Skillet served with Jack cheese and two eggs. ($14)
Returning dishes like the Black Bean Burger ($12.50) also have been refreshed with house-made patties and Avocado Toast ($11) now topped with heirloom tomatoes, Feta cheese and lemon vinaigrette.
Not to be outdone, the Squeeze cocktail menu also has some new additions fit for a boozy breakfast or a day-drinking weekend. In addition to its classic Bloody Mary ($7), there are also three variations on this classic “hair of the dog” drink:
- Spice Spice Baby with green chili vodka and hot sauce ($10)
- It’s A Big Dill with vodka, pickle juice and a lime ( $10)
- You’re Bacon Me Crazy with Tito’s vodka, hot sauce, bacon and a salted rim ($10)
An Espresso Martini ($10) lets you have your coffee and your vodka too. And the Mint To Be ($7) strawberry mojito is a perfect summer sipper.
These new dishes are now available at Morning Squeeze in Downtown Tempe and will be at the in Old Town Scottsdale location starting July 22.